Day to day duties
To operate and maintain the Vutek, Zund and Plotter machinery while also carrying out day to day tasks in the production workshop.
- Loading and unloading various materials at different height, sizes and weights adhering to correct manual handling procedures, using lift aids where applicable.
- Daily / weekly / monthly maintenance tasks to be performed on each machine where applicable, recorded and documented.
- Daily maintenance logs to be completed and kept updated, with Daily stock-take of materials used.
- Machines to be kept clean and tidy, in terms of cleanliness and organisation.
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team to deliver on set targets
- Producing work to the high standard (set by the Production Manager)
- Quality checking own work, cross referencing artwork / against visual layouts and detailed briefs produced.
- To read each brief and cross reference against artwork and information provided.
- Keeping the general working space and surrounding area clean and tidy.
- Applying vinyl to large format prints, and General assembly duties
- Practically minded, and good experience working with hand tools
- Ensure waste / print errors kept to a minimum
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Punctual and arrival ready on time as (early/later shift pattern dictates) – Operatives must be at their machine ready to start work 5 minutes before start time.
- Bins to be emptied and area cleaned and swept before each shift.
- Energetic and professional work manor in producing the day’s work.
- Personal phone only to be used on break time’s only, no expectations. If a private phone call needs to take place, then speak to your production manager.
- To Abide by Think BDW policies and procedures at all times.
- To wear PPE that has been provided by Think BDW at all times when on the production shop floor and warehouse.
Some of the perks
25 days holiday
plus bank holidays
Additional holiday loyalty scheme
3 days in the office 2 days at home
Flexible work hours
Flexible start and finish times