ThinkBDW designs and produces marketing materials for a range of clients including many of Britain’s new homes developers. Our innovative services include the latest in CGI and digital marketing including websites touchscreens and iPad apps, bespoke marketing suites, signage and brochures.
We have an amazing opportunity for a front end developer to join the Web team. This is a varied role which requires the person to be inquisitive and responsive to the ever-evolving world of the web. We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive person to join the team here in Colchester.
You will be part of a multi-skilled and innovative, integrated design agency team delivering primarily digital design services.
As a mid to senior front end developer, you will be responsible for the building of new web projects for our clients as well as performing maintenance on existing projects. You will work closely with the design team giving feedback on the UX and design phases on the feasibility and possible UX issues. You will work together to produce responsive websites that convert. You will have a good eye for design that will allow you to take flat visuals and build a website that is effortless to use.
You will take personal responsibility for allocated jobs, from account management liaison, project management, work scheduling, time management and the completion of timesheets.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure all projects follow security best practices
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- To produce all digital work for the client to the highest standards
- To support ThinkBDW in the growth of our digital team.
- To assist the web team leader in the delivery of all his/her duties, and carry out all ad-hoc tasks assigned.
- To work with, communicate effectively with account handlers to ensure their briefs and amendments are interpreted and executed accurately, so as to proactively deliver customer service and maintain the highest quality of design output.
- To proactively monitor the quality of their web projects being produced and submitted, by seeking feedback from both internal and external stakeholders and acting upon this accordingly.
Extensive experience in the following:
- WordPress and other content management systems.
- Production of HTML5 digital banners
- Creating and building responsive emails and templates
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience with task runners such as Gulp.
- Experience with asynchronous requests
You will be a great team player and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships. You will be confident in your own abilities and be able to proactively influence clients and manage their expectations. You will have gravitas and be able to work under your own initiative whilst effectively managing workloads and client timescales. You will have strong communication skills and ensure that internal processes are maintained.
Please apply with your CV and portfolio.